The Scientific Computing Department (SCD), in collaboration with Globus Online, is hosting and managing a one-day training course on the Globus research data management service.
Globus was developed by the University of Chicago and is used by hundreds of thousands of researchers at institutions worldwide. In this training course, which is free of charge, the Globus team will present the inner workings of Globus and the means for using Globus as part of your research.
Who is it for?
This course will be useful if you are anticipating large amount of data being moved between data sources and your machine learning frameworks, and is targeted at:
- System administrators who are planning to deploy or use Globus at their institution;
- Researchers building applications and frameworks ;
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about the service for research data management.
What will you get out of it?
- Learn how the Globus platform simplifies development of applications for researchers;
- experiment with new Globus services and APIs;
- exchange ideas with peers on ways to apply Globus technologies;
- expand your knowledge of Globus administration features.
View the program
The training is being held at the STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Didcot, Oxfordshire, on 10th January 2019 but places are limited so REGISTER NOW to secure your place.
For more information contact Jeyan Thiyagalingam