The webinar brings together some of the Guest Editors and Authors of the forthcoming IoP journal 'Machine Learning: Science and Technology' focus collection on Machine Learning for Large Scale Facilities.
Join Tony Hey, Keith Butler and Jeyan Thiyagalingam from our SciML Group along with international colleagues as they discuss some of the topics covered in the focus collection, which highlights the range of machine learning research and application taking place in large scientific facilities. It features a collection of research articles, reviews and perspectives from leading practitioners in machine learning, working with the data from these large facilities.
The collection covers:
• advances in machine learning technology inspired by the challenges of facilities data,
• applications of machine learning to analyse data from facilities,
• the combination of machine learning with traditional physics simulations,
• new machine learning-based tools developed at facilities,
• application of machine learning for the operation of facilities.