Our mission is fully aligned to support and enable the STFC Corporate Strategy and the STFC e-infrastructure Strategy.
The Scientific Computing Department fulfils its mission by:
- Designing, deploying and operating large and complex computing and data systems
- Supporting the research life-cycle by extracting insights and value from data • Creating algorithms and software to exploit future research computing infrastructure
- Providing cross-domain expertise to develop, innovate, and sustain software, and related digital assets
- for research
- Leading and participating in the national and international collaborations working to achieve these aims
- Committing to STFC’s corporate theme of Inspiring and engaging to deliver a vibrant programme of public engagement.
- Actively supporting and contributing to the developing skills agenda in Scientific Computing
More details about how SCD will achieve it's mission is outlined in the Scientific Computing Department Strategy 2017-2021