Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use
This Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use (“AUP") defines the rules and conditions that govern your access to and use (including transmission, processing, and storage of data) of the resources and services (“Services") as granted by the Multi-VO Rucio team for STFC for the purpose of facilitating data management for the purpose of conducting research furthering the science goals and missions supported by STFC and its partner organisations. More information about Rucio can be found at https://rucio.cern.ch/, and more information about the STFC and its research goals, structure and partners can be found at https://stfc.ukri.org/.
- You shall only use the Services in a manner consistent with the purposes and limitations described above; you shall show consideration towards other users including by not causing harm to the Services; you have an obligation to collaborate in the resolution of issues arising from your use of the Services.
- You shall only use the Services for lawful purposes and not breach, attempt to breach, nor circumvent administrative or security controls.
- You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
- You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. passwords, private keys or multi-factor tokens); no intentional sharing is permitted.
- You shall keep your registered information correct and up to date.
- You shall promptly report known or suspected security breaches, credential compromise, or misuse to the security contact stated below; and report any compromised credentials to the relevant issuing authorities.
- Reliance on the Services shall only be to the extent specified by any applicable service level agreements listed below. Use without such agreements is at your own risk.
- Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy statements referenced below.
- Your use of the Services may be restricted or suspended, for administrative, operational, or security reasons, without prior notice and without compensation.
- If you violate these rules, you may be liable for the consequences, which may include your account being suspended and a report being made to your home organisation or to law enforcement.
The administrative contact for this AUP is: Rucio-Support@stfc365.onmicrosoft.com
The security contact for this AUP is: firstname.lastname@example.org
The privacy statement (e.g. Privacy Notice) is located at: STFC-Rucio-Privacy-Notice.aspx