The latest Science Highlights report from the STFC Scientific Computing Department has been published. It includes a variety of research news such as:
- Using simulations to examine the formation of frozen salt films in molten salt fast reactors, with a view to reducing corrosion of the reactor walls.
- An introduction to Longbow, a tool that runs simulations on supercomputers whilst giving the impression they are running on your own PC.
- Advances in electron cryo-microscopy and new software that focuses on the interpretation of 3D molecular shapes obtained from images taken with an electron microscope.
- DAFNI, a national platform for the computational needs in support of data analysis; infrastructure research; and strategic thinking for the UK’s long term planning and investment needs.
- Our activities engaging with schools and young people to provide them with new skills and enthuse and encourage them to look at computational science as a career choice.
View the 2017-18 highlights report.
You can find this and earlier reports here.