- Teams of up to six students will complete a number of online challenges over the weeks leading up to the conference, followed by a series of challenges during the event itself on 1-2 December.
- Based on the CIUK competition, a CIUK team will be identified to compete in the International Supercomputing (ISC 2023) Student Cluster Challenge in Hamburg in June 2023.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to participate.
- Travel and accommodation is provided for teams during the conference in Manchester in December.
Following the success of our first two Student Cluster Challenges at CIUK 2020
and CIUK 2021
the competition will return in 2022 for it's third edition. As in 2021 this years' Student Cluster Competition will be a hybrid competition with a series of online challenges leading up to the conference followed by some physical, hands-on challenges during the conference itself.
CIUK 2022 Cluster Challenge Partner Companies
The agenda for the competition will be finalised once our partner vendors are confirmed but we imagine it will look something like this:
- Monday 3 October – Challenge 1 Presentation
- Wednesday 5 October – Challenge 1 (ONLINE CHALLENGE)
- Monday 17 October – Challenge 2 Presentation
- Wednesday 19 October – Challenge 2 (ONLINE CHALLENGE)
- Monday 31 October – Challenge 3 Presentation
- Wednesday 2 November – Challenge 3 (ONLINE CHALLENGE)
- Monday 14 November – Challenge 4 Presentation
- Wednesday 16 November – Challenge 4 (ONLINE CHALLENGE)
- Wednesday 30 November – Challenge 5 (pm)
- Thursday 1 December – Challenge 6 (am) / Challenge 7 (pm)
- Friday 2 December – Challenge 8 (am) - Results announced (pm)
You will note that each of the online challenges will include an online presentation where the supporting company will present on the system that they are making available, provide instructions for log-on, and outline the challenge that will be completed that week. These presentations will be recorded and shared via the cluster challenge wiki so that they can be returned to for reference.
Who will succeed our CIUK 2021 champions Team Durham University and last years champions from CIUK 2021 Team Bristol University/Bath University?
Need to see more? Have a look back to our first ever Cluster Challenge Competition at CIUK 2020...